Same as in all other associations or societies, all members of all different categories are obliged to follow the rules and regulations of KMP. Offence in Rules & Regulations can be liable to different results as determined on a joint decision by appropriate authorities in the KMP Committee.
- Members are eligible to join the activities organised by KMP, share and respond at members’ area, and submit articles for publication at the KMP website.
- Members shall agree to abide by the rules & regulations of KMP, which can be revised from time to time according to the need of KMP through a legitimate decision process.
- Members' information will be listed in the KMP website in the Membership Directory and Members' Individual Profile, with selected information decided by KMP. The association will balance between publicity and privacy, but decision from KMP is deemed final.
- Members’ sharing and interaction need to meet KMP’s requirement set for members, e.g. in code of conduct, data privacy, etc.
- This community is not a feeding trough for companies looking for business... It's a garden to plant seeds in! Be a blessing...
Registration and identity
This site operates in a trusted and open manner which is one of the principles of knowledge management. All submissions to the site is tied back the originator and will be marked by their user name. Anonymous submissions will not be allowed.
- When registering on the site, members shall use their actual name and contact details. Aliases and anonymous information will not be allowed, The webmaster may check applications details before accepting for membership.
- Log in will be by user name which will normally consist of the member's first and last name (or a variation thereof). This user name is used to identfy all posts, comments and other submissiosn by the member on the website, therefore a proper user name of identification will be decided by KMP.
- Members are strongly encouraged to submit a portrait photo in their personal profile. The photo shall show the user's face and preferably a recent photo showing head and shoulders (similar to a passport photo). These photos will help members identify each other at meetings and social gatherings. Regardless of any other social media practice, a proper photo is a respect to other KMP members. The committee reserves the right to remove or replace a photo of the member if it does not meet the above requirements. Members have the rights not to upload their portrait.
- Posting & Online Activities
These are English speaking communities. To be able to reach all members, please write and express yourself in English or provide a translation (for example for quoting Chinese idioms). KMP is a professional site. Explicit, vulgar language, drug talk, nudity, pornography and so forth is not allowed. Speak and treat others positively and with respect. You need not agree with everone’s opinion, but please respect it as you would have others respect yours. Inquiry in the spirit of discovery. Flaming will be dealt with. Always ask if you don't understand, we will always give you any help you need.
Posts & Topics
It is not necessary to repeat the entire question in your answer. If things may be unclear, quote the relevant part that you are spwcifically answering. This keep topic shorter and easier to read.
Size limits of attachmenets and pictures??
Posts should be made in the relevant topic in the relevant community. Members are asked to read the topic descriptions before posting. Double posts are discouraged. A double post is repeating the same meassage in multiple topics or communities. No topic hijacking (steering off topic). Please try stay on topic where discussions are specific. General discussions may vary on topics, but if a specific question is being addressed, all answers should refer to that question. Any related off topic discussion should be started in a new topic and a post with the link added to direct people to the new topic. Topic titles should describe what the topic is about. A poor title would be "HEEEELP!" A good example would be "I have a problem with reusing AARs." No advertising (selling or free items or invitations to other forums) unless officially approved by the moderator or Admin. Do not post or link to any illegal software, books, or other “warez” or sites that offer such material. Any such posts will be immediately deleted and the poster dealt with as approporiate. See below. Topics on politics, religion, and philosophy tend to cause polarisation and strong opinions. KMP would prefer to remain neutral on such issues and so posts in these areas are strongly discouraged. If absolutely necessary, such posts will be restricted to “General” or the off-topic “Lounge” threads. Please check if any links to legally offered materials are time limited and add the information to the post. For example: Free book (posted 15/07/16 – time limited offer). If the offer expires, please try and update your post accordingly. Please use the search to see if a specific question has been asked and there is already an answer. If your problem is slightly different you may add your question to the topic. This website is for everyone to contribute and learn. Please don't keep making requests without offering anything in return. Your ideas and experiences, however limited, are of value to the community.
- Share with us what you can, we all want to learn.
- Have fun and enjoy our community forums.
- Dealing with Problems
When violation of rules & regulations occur, following are what we suggest members to deal with such problems:
Show respect to KMP moderators and Admins. They are volunteers helping to make the communities an enjoyable and safe place. Do not argue with moderators, contact an Admin if you can't resolve a problem. Members who disobey the rules will be warned or banned depending on what the Admin / moderator believes is the appropriate punishment. If you believe you do not deserve the warning, please contact the Admin / Moderator who warned you. Talking back to the Admin / Moderator who gave you the warning with no sense of respect will lead to further warnings. If a dispute arises between members, and Admins / moderator are asked to resolve such disputes, their decisions are final and absolute! Initial time out values are very low but will quickly lengthen for repeat infractions.
- Finance of Activities
KMP is a non-profit organization operated by volunteers. It operates on a very limited funding, and such funding needs to be managed and allocated properly. Following are the rules and guidelines regarding funding:
All finances will be handled as a pooled resources for all communities. The Secretarial office will handle dispersements. All financial results will be overseen by the Executive Committee. Funding maybe necessary for some of the activities, if not free. In principle, every event should be financially self-sustained, meaning charges might apply to participants to cover the necessary costs and expenses. The event organizer or organizing team should make sure full accounts be returned to the Secretarial office with the corresponding evidence in the form of receipts. Individual event organizers or communities will only collect the pre-arranged fees for the specific event if applicable. For the purpose of transparency, best practice is to have the Secretarial office for fees collection. Fees will be based on anticipated costs (venue rental, food and beverages, etc.) and should be not excessive. Any excess will be returned to the Secratarial office for regular expenses. Any shortfall will be covered by the Secratarial office, however overspending should not exceed 10% of the estimated total cost. Any greater amount must be reported to the Executive Committee for investigation. Venue cost, if applicable, should consult the Secretarial office for advice. There maybe better alternatives that can be considered according to past experience.
- Data Collection Policy
Personal Data Privacy is a legal requirement. All organizations must follow by law. It is required that all members of KMP, including the Community Managers will follow:
Personal data should not be collected by the individual communities. The Secretarial office can offer assistance to activities such as event registrations, and will be done in a legitimate manner trusted by all members and participants. For community events, personal data collection should be kept to the minimum necessary for administration of the event. The data should be detroyed once the event is complete and in no circumstances is the data to be passed to a third party without prior permission from the Executive Committee. Special care must be taken when dealing with co-organizers, sponsors or supporting organizations in events or activities. It will still the obligation of KMP to protect such data privacy. Responsibility of data protection falls to the organizers who are still liable. Inappropriate personal data collection by unauthorized members, committes or community managers can be liable to violation of the laws of Hong Kong, and can result in legal actions.