Hi all, this is a storytelling time....
Recently I was interviewed by current MScKM students for their CoP project, I was reminded that there are still missing info I have put on kmp2p.org. And here it comes, the sharing with Hawwei in 2015 about knowledge mapping.
Actually it is steps I developed to construct the APQC knowledge map, I chose this 2 by 2 matrix from knowledge map becuase it is much easier to build than a knowledge map based on social network analysis. I haven't follow up with Frankie if they have adapted our proposal, maybe it's about time to ask about his knowledge mapping journey last year.
Additionally we gave some advies verbarlly:
- There is no need to go into too detail when constructing the knowledge map, try to view it at strategic level
- Let department heads
- Get our of your door to walk around in the organization, it helps KMer to discover things that were never experted
- Knowledge map helps to discover your competitive advantage
- Try to start with small teams (trial run) to get quick win, let department heads to clarify what is the need of his/her department. Ingredients for knowledge map should be based on customers need.
Some diffucult questions were left untouched after the sharing, and as a professional we must be able to provide convincing answers:
- Network is more important, maybe a knowledge map based on social network is more suitable (why you chose a 2 by 2 matrix knowledge map instead of the social network based version?)
- How much time we have to spend to construction this knowledge map? What resource is needed? How to guarantee inout quality from emplyees and bosses?
- What is the ROI? How much we have to spend to get what we wanted?
- Do you have success stories about knowledge map?
- We maybe spedning a lot for efforts to find something we already knew, how to avoid this?
Thoes are very challenging questions we have to answer at the end of the day. I still have no clue yet. Will I ever give up finding the answer?
Pls enjoy reading, thank you!
4 Mar 2016
MOOC Knowledge Management & Big Data in Business
APQC Knowledge Map and Process Map Overview
Skill gap analysis
RJ for Seminar - Making innovation work: knowledge creation at the intersection of techonolgy and business modles